Sunday, July 03, 2011

Fourth of July Concert

Last night was the annual Patriotic Concert in Arcadia. The main speaker was newly appointed Los Angele County Fire Chief Daryl Osby. His fire department and emergency services is the largest in the world. He did an excellent job speaking and at the end of the concert, a number of fire fighters marched up the aisle, to a standing ovation by an SRO crowd. This year marks the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 tragedy so it was particularly fitting to honor the courageous firemen of Los Angeles County and Arcadia Fire. Beth Stogner, Brad and I are pictured here with the fire chief.
The Southern California Mormon Choir performed also. It was a great night and a marvelous concert. Many family and friends attended the concert.

1 comment:

grannybabs said...

I heard lots of good things about the concert - I was in VA with Eliza and her new baby, so I had to miss it. But I'm glad it went well.