Sunday, March 02, 2008

Some Sites in Brussels


On Saturdays (after I study for the LSAT for a couple of hours) I go into Brussels do explore some. This first picture is of the Arc Cinquantenaire (which I have the most difficult time pronouncing). It is on a main street in Brussels and can be seen from a distance. It also has quite a nice park attached to it. I was able to go up in it and have a great view of the city. I took the stairs up and the elevator down - this sounds backwards, but I figured a good idea with all the yummy things I have been eating.

Here are two pictures of the Grand Place. It really is quite a spectacular square with such amazing architecture.


This is probably my favorite church in Brussels. I have been in quite a few now (I love visiting old churches). I hope to be able to go to a concert in it.


This is the Galeries Royales St. Hubert, which is basically a really nice place for shopping. There are a variety of shops, including lace, chocolate, clothing, and book shops.

No comments: