Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Praha

My boss let me take some time off of work for Easter so I visited friends in Warsaw, Prague, and Holland. Here are some pictures of my adventures in Prague. In the first picture you can see the castle in the background and the Vltava River in the foreground.

This picture is taken from the mini Eiffel Tower that sits on a hill overlooking Prague. Marketa and I climbed to the top and were rewarded with a great view.

It was fun being Prague before Easter because I was able to go to the Easter Markets. There were all sorts of items and treats being sold.

Here is a famous clock in Prague. Every hour the little doors will open and the Apostles move past the windows.

I know I post a lot about food, but it is an important part of experiencing Europe! A lot of people were selling these - Trdelnik - at the Easter Markets. It is a traditional Czech treat. The dough is rolled out into a thin rope and then wound around the cylinder. It is then rotated over an open fire. It is rolled in a cinnamon, sugar, and almond mixture before being handed over warm. Yum!

1 comment:

James B. Finlay said...

Those treats look and sound really yummy. Ster and I are on our "Hawaii" diets now so we don't eat any sweets (except for one day a week). Reading the description was making my mouth water :)