Sunday, February 10, 2008

Italian Food!


I know it sounds too good to be true, but last weekend I was in Italy for Carnival! I had a blast with Ilenia and her family. I will be posting pictures of Venice (where we went for Carnival) later, but I had to be sure to post pictures of the important things: the amazing food that I ate while in Italy! Lucia, Ilenia's mother, is a phenomenal cook. I ate so well. Lucia is pictured above with Ilenia's sister Elisa showing a really good lasagna.

Here is the Bovo family sitting down to a really good meal. Each course was delicious. We even had chocolate salami one night!

This is galani and it is sooooo good. It is a treat made during Carnival time. It kind of like a dough that is fried with powdered sugar on top, but it breaks very easily.

I am convinced that I went to Italy at the perfect time because there are some things that are only made during Carnival time, like the frutella that Ilenia and Igor are eating. These are also fried with powdered sugar. My favorite food that I had that week, you ask? That is a tough one, so I will just list some of my favorites: chocolate salami, galani, sausage risotto, and lasagna. Thanks so much to the Bovo family for their hospitality and to Lucia for her amazing food.

1 comment:

Bethy said...

I am so jealous!!! Everything looks so amazing, can't wait to see the Venice pictures.