Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Carnival in Venice!


I had a great time celebrating Carnival in Venice. To get into spirit of Carnival I got my face painted. Right outside of the train station in Venice there was a whole line of people ready to paint faces. I am standing on the Rialto Bridge with the Grand Canal in the background. It was such a lovely day.

There were a number of people dressed in very elaborate costumes. This couple was one of my favorites. Valeria (Ilenia's little sister) is in the picture with me. We had a blast together as she showed me around Venice.

Here is another couple dressed up with a gondola behind them.

This is right next to St. Marks Square. I just wanted to show the number of people that were in Venice.

Here is another picture taken from the Rialto Bridge, but it shows Venice a bit better. It was a fabulous day, especially seeing all of the people dressed up for Carnival and now knowing what all those masks are for.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Wow! I can't believe all the fun places you are going and the fun things you are doing. The costumes are beautiful and quite elaborate. Can't wait to see more pictures of your adventures. Have fun in Paris.

hillary nicole said...

wow what a beautiful country- and what a beautiful face-painted girl! I have a feeling that if.. no WHEN! I go to Italy I will be very camera happy.... :)

xoxo hill