Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Belgian Waffles!


Okay, I know I post a lot about food, but when I eat as fabulous treats I want to let others know about it (this way you know what to make sure to eat when you visit Belgium!). This is a true Belgiam waffle and Belgian waffles truly are the best. At home I eat my waffles with syrup, but in Belgium I eat them with whipped cream and chocolate sauce - can you blame me?

There are little waffle places all over the city, but especially near the Grand Place (pictures on that later). As you can see in the picture they don't use waffle batter, but more of a waffle dough. And there are little sugar ball-things that melt when they cook and become carmelized. Hmmm... so good! The waffles are scrumptous plain as well. Be sure to keep checking the blog for more great Belgian food, like frites (french fries) and, of course, CHOCOLATE!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Oh my goodness, I am now going to forever crave one of those waffles. They look amazing!

hillary nicole said...

wow. I don't think I can eat waffles the normal way ever again after seeing these pictures! cute hair by the way :)

Reeves said...

So fun to see all of the fabulous photos of El Salvador, Georginne´s birthday celebration, darling Brielle and handsome Gavin, Jeannie, Alana and Belgium!!!! We loved them all!!! We surely love all of the Finlays! Love, Linda, Mel and family