Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Camping In The Rockies

This past weekend I tried out my new tent (thank you Crumps and Warnicks) and hit the road with my friends from the Denver area. We headed up to our secret camping spot for a one-nighter and some fun hiking.


Although we didn't have a table we still went through with our plans for tin foil dinners. Soooooo good.

Here is the new beauty being setup. With so much headroom and a huge skylight, how could I say no to REI on this one. Anyone who is willing to make the trek out here will want to try out the tent, even if it means sleeping in Karen's backyard.


This is part of a hike that we went on the next day up to Lost Lake. We followed a river most of the way before getting up to the lake and had breathtaking views of the valley below and the cascading waterfalls.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Looks like an awesome trip Ian. I remember dad and mom always doing fun camping trips with us when we kids in Colorado. I am glad you are taking advantage of your location. We are looking forward to seeing you.