Friday, April 04, 2008

All in a Day's Work

I was in the Foreign Affairs Committee meeting yesterday when my boss came up to me and asked if I wanted to go to a rally for Tibet. It took me half a second to yank off my headphones and head out the door. The rally was held in front of some of the European Institutions right in Brussels. There were about 300 people there. It was very peaceful, but really interesting to be a part of. People were chanting, "Stop killing in Tibet" (also what my headband says), "We want freedom," and "China go away."

Here is a picture of my boss Paolo and me at the rally.

And here is a shot of the front of the rally. It sure was a neat experience to be there, especially after hearing the Speaker of the Parliament In Exile of Tibet last week.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I obviously didn't read the post very thoroughly the first time. I was talking to James and said "that is so cool, Alana just went on a spur-of-the-moment trip to Tibet!" He helped me confirm that no, she didn't actually travel to Tibet, just to the rally. It looks like quite an event.