Monday, April 16, 2012

American Mother Inc. Awards

This past Saturday, I was honored to receive the 2012 California Mother of Achievement Award by the American Mothers Inc. This is a national organization recognized by the United Nations and is the official sponsor of Mother's Day. My parents, Brad, and Megan and James were able were my guests at the La Canada Country Club for the gala luncheon. It was a lovely event and I was humbled by all of the very accomplished women at this function. I am grateful to Julie Sears for nominating me for this award.
I could never have done half of the things that I do without my best friend and husband, Brad.
Here I am pictured with the emcee for the event, Sonja Brown (2nd from the right), and then from left to right, the California Mother of the Year, Beverly Nelson, me, Darcy Ure (California Young Mother of the Year), Sonja, and Sara Vance (Outstanding Service to Children). All of these ladies have wonderful stories to tell about their lives. We will all be at the American Mothers Inc. Convention in Washington D.C. in May.
Alana sent me this picture to show that while she is studying for her law school finals, her younger brother and her husband are having scooter races (Evan rides a scooter now while his foot is healing from a fall in soccer) in the law school lunchroom. Evan was timing Steve here.
Here are the kids and grandkids shown in the ambulance that is being taken to El Salvador in June.
Baseball pictures were this week and Gavin looks like a real pro.

1 comment:

Reid and Jessica Anderson said...

Congratulations, Margaret! You are an amazing person, and we're so happy you've this incredible award and recognition!