Saturday, November 14, 2009

Work (and some relaxing) in Hawaii

Right after my re-election campaign, I flew to Hawaii to do a different kind of work - getting the condo. on North Shore fixed up with a new bathroom and some painting. My parents flew over first with Helen and then I joined them. We made a lot of trips to Home Depot and Lowes and made some important decisions. Tat joined us for a good part of the time up on North Shore.
We took an afternoon off and went to the beach in the afternoon. The waves were pretty big at Shark's Cove.
All during the election campaign one of the things that kept me going was the thought of sitting in the hammock at Turtle Bay and reading Smithsonian magazine. . .I finally got to do it for a couple of hours and it was just as great as I remembered.
My parents and I would take a daily walk around Turtle Bay every evening for exercise. It was beautiful to watch the waves rolling in.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

You forgot to mention the most exciting part of your trip to Hawaii. You had dinner with Kristine. Thanks for having her over! She had a great time.

hillary nicole said...

How fun! You deserve a relaxing break : )