Sunday, April 09, 2006

Vet-A-Visit Fun


This was the exhibit where I spent most of the day. We were showing off some of the raptors that we have in the Wildlife Ward. We had a Barred Owl, Eastern Screech Owl, Red Shoulder Hawk and a Merlin Falcon. We also release a Cooper's Hawk that came into the ward last year with a broken wing.

This was one of our favorite exhibits. They painted a horse with many of the anatomical structures that you would see if the horse had no skin or muscle. Kudos to the artist on this one.

Megan and I both were able to hold a gator that the Michigan Society of Herpetologist brought in for people to see. They also had a 5 foot gator for us to pet as well.

This is me with a Mexican Red Kneed Tarantula. It is funny that I am not scared of these big spiders, but I hate the little ones :) Posted by Picasa

No comments: